Reaching for the Stars
Camp Rainbow Gold knows childhood cancer can take a significant financial toll on families. But cancer should not make college or other degree programs an unrealistic goal for survivors or their siblings.
The Camp Rainbow Gold College Scholarship Program gives young adults who have participated in Camp Rainbow Gold camps or programs the opportunity to pursue their goals in post-secondary education by applying for financial aid from the organization.
New for 2021/2022:
This year, Camp Rainbow Gold is honored to provide a limited number of scholarships for our CRG Sibling Campers.
Cancer survivor and sibling applicants are all required to meet the eligibility requirements and will be awarded scholarships based on the criteria for selection listed below.
Applications for the 2021/2022 school year are now closed. Award recipients will be notified in the spring and awards will be distributed at the start of the fall school semester.
Applications for the following year will be announced and open again in January. If you have any questions about the scholarship program, continuing eligibility, or if you are interested in volunteering on the scholarship committee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
College-bound or college-enrolled students who meet all of the following criteria are eligible to apply for the Camp Rainbow Gold College Scholarship Program.
- The applicant or their sibling were diagnosed with cancer before the age of 18
- Applicant must be age 25 or younger at the time of application
- Scheduled to graduate from high school and/or continuing college in the upcoming school year
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Accepted without condition to an accredited university, college, community college or vocational/technical school
- Must have a 2.0 GPA or above
- Must become a full- or part-time student at an accredited university, college, community college, or vocational/technical school in the upcoming academic year
- Must have been affiliated with Camp Rainbow Gold as a camper, junior volunteer, or program participant
Criteria for Award Selection
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Camp Rainbow Gold volunteer scholarship committee and are based on the following weighted criteria:
- Community Service/Activities: Based on a composite of extracurricular activities, community involvement, any honors or awards received, and involvement with Camp Rainbow Gold
- Long and Short Essays: Based on a composite of long-term career plans, determination to reach goals, expression and organization of thought
- Letter of Recommendation
- GPA/Academic Accomplishments: Based on the overall high school GPA, GPA from any college-level experience, and any academic honors or awards received